Competition Regulation for the CAISSA 1st World Youth Xiangqi Championship
I. Host: World Xiangqi Federation (WXF)
II. Organizer: German Xiangqi Association (DXB)
III. Co-Organizer: Hamburg University Confucius Institute
IV. Sponsor: CAISSA Touristic (Group) AG
V. Competition Date: August 17 to August 18, 2016
VI. Competition Venue:
Chinese Teahouse "Hamburg Yu Garden"
Feldbrunnenstrasse 67, D-20148 Hamburg-Germany
Website : www.konfuzius-institut-hamburg.de
Transportation : Taxis and Airport Express Bus are readily available at Hamburg International Airport (HAM) outside the airport's Terminal 1 and Terminal 4. The journey from HAM into Yu-Garden in central Hamburg will take around 20 minutes (12 km, taxi fare about 30 Euro). For public transportation the suburban train S-Bahn will lead directly from HAM to Central Railway Station (Hamburg Hauptbahnhof) and then transfer with subway U1 and get off at Hallerstrasse. 5 mins walk to "Hamburg Yu-Garden".
VII. Competition Events
Men’s individual; Women’s individual
1. Members and Associates of the WXF and its subsidiaries can send one or more than one players to participate in the games.
2. Xiangqi Organizations of the country (region) which haven’t joined the WXF must give their entries through the recommendation by one of the WXF Members or Associates.
3. Each participating team may register 1 team leader, 1 coach, and one or more than one players (no limit).
IX. Competition categories: competition in accordance with the age of the players divided into the following groups
1. U16 Group: players who were born on and after January 1, 2000
2. U13 Group: players who were born on and after January 1, 2003
3. U10 Group: players who were born on and after January 1, 2006
X. Competition method
1. The WXF Xiangqi Competition Rules will be adopted (same as the Asian Xiangqi Competition Rules)
2. Competition timing: 20 minutes + 5 seconds increment per player per game
3. The competition system and number of rounds of the matches will be determined in accordance with the number of the participants registered in each group.
All teams shall fill out the unified entry form (which is attached thereinafter) sealed and send together with e-photos of all the participants to the Organizing Committee of the 1st World Youth Xiangqi Championship by 31st May 2016.
Contact Persons: Xue Zhong, Pu Fangyao
Tel.: 0049-89-3795 9568 Fax: 0049-89-3260 3395
XII. Ranking and Awards
1. Men’s individual of each group: prize for place 1-6, place 1-3 medal, each participant will have certificate in line with his place
2. Women’s individual of each group: prize for place 1-3, place 1-3 medal, each participant will have certificate in line with her place
1. Each team shall bear all its own cost including international traveling expenses and local accommodation.
2. Please refer to the appendix 3 for the recommended hotel list by the OrganizingCommittee.
Each team shall bear its own cost to buy the personal insurance during the tournament
Participants are requested to wear uniform of the team to attend the opening and closing ceremonies as well as the competition.
XVI. Any other issues not mentioned will be informed later.
XVII. The interpretation right of this Regulation belongs to the Secretariat of the World Xiangqi Federation.
Beijing, 08 March 2016
Secretariat of the World Xiangqi Federation